Previous General Education Curriculums
- The Making Connections General Education curriculum applies to students who matriculated to the University in fall 2006 or later and before fall 2022.
- The Perspectives General Education curriculum applies to students who matriculated to the University before fall 2006.
Students should meet with their academic advisor and use their Tar Heel Tracker degree audit to review which General Education curriculum to complete.
Making Connections Curriculum (2006 – 2022)
The Making Connections curriculum was implemented in fall 2006. The curriculum seeks to provide students with…
- Foundations: the fundamental skills that facilitate future learning
- Approaches: Broad experience with the methods and results of the most widely employed approaches to knowledge.
- Connections: A sense of how one might integrate these approaches to knowledge in ways that cross traditional disciplinary and spatial boundaries.
- A Major: A through grounding in a particular subject.
- Supplemental Education: An opportunity for majors to broaden their understanding of their own field through student in at least one other field. Require for all BA majors.
Reports and Resources
Perspectives Curriculum (pre-2006)
- Curriculum Overview
- Arts and Sciences Perspectives Course List
- General College Perspectives Course List
- Cultural Diversity Course List
- Comparing the Perspectives Curriculum with the Making Connections Curriculum