Reviewing a Transfer Course
Undergraduate students wishing to request a re-evaluation of their posted Transfer Credit are able to submit an eForm request, available online in their ConnectCarolina Student Center.
Once submitted, the request will be electronically routed to the Office of Undergraduate Curricula and to the appropriate Departmental Approver, if needed, to record and approve a credit decision. Based on that credit decision, the request will then be routed to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions (for Transfer Credit report updates) or to the Office of the University Registrar (for Tar Heel Tracker updates).
Every department/unit should have at least one Department Approver to review transfer courses.
Additional information for students can be found on the Undergraduate Admission’s website.
Training Materials for Department Approvers
- A one-page summary of instructions: Approver Quick Start Transfer Credit (2021-09).
- Detailed step-by-step instructions: Re-evaluation of Transfer Credit Guide.
- Answers to some commonly asked questions: Department Approver FAQ (2017-05).
- Specific notes about the three types of credit that can be awarded: Training Resource (updated 2021-09-13).
- The most up to date tips based on user questions: Tips and Tricks for TCRE (Updated 2021-09-15).
Note, this system is not currently used for UNC Study Abroad credit.
Access and Questions
If you need access to the Transfer Evaluation Form in ConnectCarolina, or if you have any questions about the process, please contact Heather Thompson in the Office of Undergraduate Curricula.